Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pinspiration- Hidden Words (Freebies)


What did we do before Pinterest???  I found a really creative idea from Adventures in First Grade that someone had pinned on Pinterest, and thought it would make a great independent activity for kids to complete while I work one-on-one with a student during group time (I'm already thinking about progress report time coming up soon, and boy is it nice to give the other kids something they can do while I collect data from a student).   This could also be a great station if you run speech centers in your therapy room. The original Hidden Words activity was at this site:


Here is my speech twist-  use the Hidden Artic Words sheet I have available below, and using a white crayon, write in words that have your students sound(s) in them.  The student then colors the words using markers and then rates how he/she did on the word using a thumbs up or thumbs down.  The sheet can then go home with the student for extra speech practice.  Or, older students can write words in the boxes for one another (might want to make sure they use a list so the words are spelled correctly).   Students could even record themselves as they say the words and listen to the recording before giving themselves a thumbs up or down.



I also made one for my kids who are working on using descriptive words/attributes:



Grab these sheets here for free: 


No comments:

Post a Comment