Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Read My Lips, I Mustache Ask You about Pronouns

The holiday break is getting closer, and I am getting a little loopy, but I wanted to share a quick pinspiration I found and modified to work on pronouns with my students!
I have seen lots of posts of mustache and lip clipart mixed in with Christmas themed props on Pinterest for people to use in taking Christmas card pictures.  I decided to google mustaches and lip clipart until I found a few I liked.  I printed it out on cardstock, and I used red glitter glue for my lips to make them sparkly.  I taped them to large popsicle sticks and viola, we have a fun tool to help kids visualize when to use he vs. she during our stories and drill practice.
"Who is digging?"  He is digging.  (Complete with a mustache which the kids find hilarious).
"Who is laughing?"  She is laughing.
I also like to use the props with puppets and books so it is done outside of drill with cards:
 
The idea is simple, but having a visual reminder is so helpful for cementing the concept (as well as the word being written on the stick).  I am going to make some sticks for him/her and his/hers as well, and just take the lips and mustache from one stick to another when I need it.  What ideas do you use to help students learn pronouns?

3 comments:

  1. Cute idea! I may be using this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A long lasting lipstick was developed by Hazel Bishop in 1949. After WW II, brightly colored lips became popular due to the influence of Lana Turner and Rita Hayworth.The first lipstick tubes were created in 1957. Prior to that, women had to brush the color on like paint.After Marilyn Monroe’s “Some Like it Hot” in 1959 most women were wearing bright lipstick. White lipstick was popular in the 1960’s due to a number of rock groups such as the Shirelles and the Ronettes.Chicago party entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. English Pronouns is very important because its structure is used in every day conversation. The more you practice the subject, the closer you get to mastering the English language.

    Subject and Object Pronouns

    ReplyDelete