Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I am linking up with Miss Speechie at Speech Time Fun to share why SLPs need TPT.
I could list a million reasons why TPT has been my go-to place for resources, but I will keep it simple with my top three reasons as well as my go-to people I follow for great resources!
1) The variety of materials available is mind-blowing. You can find anything- articulation cards based on themes, open-ended games, resources for parents, SmartBoard games, book companion sets, resources for the SLP such as strategies for eliciting sounds or fluent speech, and so much more. These resources are created by SLPs who know what we need and thankfully share their talents with us!
2) The money-strapped SLP has a way to get affordable resources INSTANTLY! It is such a relief when you run into a student who has a goal or need you are not sure how to address, or you can only find resources from the big companies that are way out of your price range. A quick search of TPT always pulls up high quality resources that are so affordable and ready for immediate download. *** Heavy sigh of appreciation here***
3) Looking at TPT products is inspiring! Sometimes I am looking for something for a specific student and find a product created that inspires me to try a new way of teaching a skill from the way I have done it before, or to use a technique I had not seen before. It also causes me to start looking for even more new information. It makes me so happy to be a SLP and inspires me to keep growing and creating and trying new things!
So, I could list many gems I have found on TPT, but I thought I would do something a little different and list my top people I follow on TPT to see what is added to their stores each day.
1) I always buy things from Mia MacDaniel. I have more of her products than anyone else. Enter her name and start following her! She has so many great, high interest products- cute graphics, lots of open-ended games that can be used with all groups, and some really good specific skill sets as well.
2) I also have really started to enjoy products from The Speech Owl. Her print and go pack for There Was An Old Lady Who Wasn't Afraid of Anything was a big hit in my therapy room and so I have started to follow her for more great companion packs.
3) I could list many more and why, but I am going to include the others I follow together here so you can see my list of great stores (plus once you click follow, you automatically get updates of what new products have been added): Speech Is Sweet, Speech Therapy Games, Miss Speechie, The Speechstress, Natalie Snyder, Jenna Rayburn, and Nicole Allison.
Check out why other bloggers need TPT, and enjoy exploring this great site if you have never been there before.