Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Marshmallow Fun

So I was cruising Pinterest last night as I always do, and found this cute pick for a game that makes a fun treat for the speech room:
The site that described the game can be found here.

I plan to "speechify" it by doing the following:
Take a piece of regular copy paper and draw the circles inside of a temple of an oval that when cut out looks like a mouth.  Feed pink construction paper through the copier and copy the template to it and then cut out the mouth so it looks like the one in the picture.

When students come in for speech, I will have them practice their speech sounds 20-25 times before they can add the marshmallows to the circles for their "teeth".  Then, we will play the game as follows:  after practice of their goals, they roll a dice and remove that many marshmallows off of their gameboards and into their mouths!  The first person to get all of their teeth off first wins. 

This will be great for my language groups as well since we can read one of the following books from my stash to practice our language goals before we roll:

I bet your school library has many choices of fun books to choose from!  What did I ever do before Pinterest?????




2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Can you please post a picture of the template you create?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for speech therapy! I will be snagging this idea for next school year! (I also love your comment about Pinterest--I feel the same way!)

    ReplyDelete